Blog Post 4

 The LAFS.1112.WHST 11&12 grade standard is focused on digital research with search engines and databases, as well as maintaining academic integrity through proper citations. I believe I'm prepared to teach this standard because I'm experienced with the research and citation process. I know the types of plagiarism and how to avoid them, and would be able to communicate this with my students. 

I would choose one of the video resources. In the 9-12 grade social science section, there is one that covers the beginning of the civil war. It's best for students to learn in a variety of ways, including visually. I would try this to see how engaged they are, because if they're unengaged then it would have no benefit, and then decide if I want to implement more of the videos in my classroom. 

It's important to know how to internet search in order to find the best resources to implement in a classroom. A teacher shouldn't settle on mediocre resources and want their students to be educated in the best way possible. For example, using the first video that pops up in a search may not be useful. It takes a lot of time and effort to put together the right resources. 

Comments