Blog Post 7

I chose to observe a few class pages on Leon High School's website. Under the teacher directory, I selected Michael Green, who teaches Chemistry 1 and AP Chemistry. There are tabs under each class that show important documents, such as the syllabus and lab report guides. There are also tabs that introduce him, and list assignments. These pages look very helpful to both enrolled and interested students. Since the pages are public, a student can look at them to see if they like the curriculum. 
https://www.leonschools.net/Page/35014 
To increase productivity, I like to use tools offline to eliminate distractions- this is why I prefer Microsoft to Google. I also like to use a paper calendar and notebooks for this reason. I think there are a lot of online resources but I have always loved the simplicity of paper + pen. I process information better by physically writing things out, which I will also emphasize to my students. I also really love planners as a resource to refer to throughout my day. 
I liked PBworks but it was a bit confusing to figure out. There are a wide variety of tools but not as many as other tools like Google Docs or Microsoft Office. I also wish multiple people could edit a page at once to improve collaboration. Overall, I think it's good that there is software to create Wiki pages, but I think it has a lot of room for improvement as far as user-friendliness. In the future I would use this for K-12 classes to create fun research projects. 

Comments