blog post 9


I like the distance learning experience even though there are both pros and cons. I enjoy the fact that it gives me more time to do other things since I don't have an actual class to go to. I currently am interning and working part-time and my schedule is much more open because of this. It does make personal accountability more important however, since you have to be checking canvas thoroughly to make sure you get everything done. I had to do my entire participation portfolio in one night because I didn't see the due dates on canvas and forgot about it. I think to improve the experience of distance learners, in my class I would post video announcement rather than written ones- students are much less likely to skip over things this way. 
Open educational resources are great tools for teachers to find everything they need for their lessons. This includes blog posts, lesson plans, and activity examples. I found a lesson plan titled "3rd Grade Animal Research" that would be fun to use in a science class. In this lesson, students use a live zoo cam to observe different animals. From there, they choose an animal of interest and perform more research. https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/70624/overview 

I found the powerpoint assignments fun and I like that I was able to be creative. I also like that I was able to choose my own topics. There wasn't much I disliked about them. I think if I were to improve on these, I would go more in depth and spend more time of deciding the material I want to include. For example, for the first powerpoint, I would research to decide what information will be most valuable for the grade level. For the interactive assignment, I would simply add on to it- I think it deserves to be more than 25 slides long in a real classroom setting. 


Comments